In the dental business you have the good:
- Working with great patients
- Having a thriving business
- Building a team of incredible people
And, just like in life, you have the “not-so-good”:
- Patients that push you to the edge
- Down months where you aren’t certain where the money is going to come from
- Having to let go of people who aren’t the right fit in your practice
No one knows this better – and has learned from it – than Dr. Joshua Austin.
You might know Dr. Austin from his hit podcast, AcciDental Geniuses.
Dr. Austin is a speaker for reputation management, hosts of Austin Dental Seminars, and a private practice owner.
If you like today’s show, you’ll enjoy the bonus following. It’s the top 5 podcasts for young and aspiring dental practice owners. Get that here.
Here are a few things you’ll discover in today’s episode:
- How to tell if you’re ready to own a dental practice (and a resource to help you make the decision)
- Why you might not want to trust even the most reputable sales person in the dental field
- What to do if you’re doing the hygiene in your business and want to find someone to replace you (to free up your time and scale your business)
- How to tell if one of your employees is writing fake prescriptions in your name
- The biggest battle of running a practice (this makes everything else seem easy)
- The bright side to letting go of people in your practice (and a movie to watch to get you ready)
- What drove the biggest amount of traffic to Dr. Austin’s business (and why it wasn’t enough at the end of the day)
- The surprisingly effective form of marketing most dentists avoid (or use incorrectly)
- A modern form of reputation management that can steamroll into major success in your dental practice
- What to do if you want your customers to spread your dental practice’s name across the town (and beat your competitors to the punch)
Free Episode Bonus:
If you loved today’s episode, then you’re going to enjoy the bonus I’ve prepared for you.
There are tons of business and dental podcasts out in the wild, so today you’re getting access to the top 5 dental podcasts for young dentists or existing dentists looking for high-quality shows.
Click here to access that now.
- “Knowing the technical aspect of dentistry does not make you necessarily ready to own a business.” – Dr. Johnson
Support The Show:
Without you, Ambitious Dentists, this should wouldn’t exist.
If you enjoyed today’s episode, please go here to give me an honest rating and review in iTunes.
This allows me to evolve that show as it goes on, and also helps spread the word to other podcast listeners since iTunes promotes shows with active engagement.