Today’s show features Dr. Tuan Pham.
Tuan is a real life practicing general dentist and the creator of Dental Maverick, a training series designed to teach you to become THE leader, communicator and manager that your dental practice needs to succeed.
Tuan maintains a general private practice in Austin, TX where he practices 4 days a week seeing an average of 4 doctor patients a day and has an office production of 1.2 million a year.
Learn how you can become a Dental Maverick at www.dentalmaverick.com
Tuan’s course, Dental Maverick, is an online – 48 week video series designed to improve your communication, define your vision, transform you into a leader & manager and ultimately lead you to your personal definition of success.
He has had research published on the cover of Compendium, has a provisional patent on a forthcoming dental device, is the head of the Dental Products Division of the School of Invention which aids in bringing your dental inventions to patent stage and beyond, is the co-founder of Monstapreneur (a group for entrepreneurs, c-level executives and business owners with the mission of Relax, Reset, Refocus) and a leader of local mastermind groups.
In his free time, he walks his dog, goes fly fishing and drinks beer while watching SEC football.
As a special bonus for today’s episode, Dr. Tuan has created a special video where he does a step-by-step walkthrough of how to increase your treatment plan acceptance for tough procedures. Click here to access that free video now.
Here are a few things you’ll discover in today’s episode:
- Why most Dentists excel with procedures, but suffer with business management and leadership
- The ‘commitment issue’ facing mosts dentists
- What the average dentists wishes their practice looks like
- How employee issues can boil over and cause catastrophic damage to your practice
- Why you need to take action and voice your issues
- How to spend less than 5% of your time on management in your business
- Why there’s no “magic bullet” that’s going to have a huge impact in your practice
- Why it’s the business owner’s fault (at the beginning) when there are breakdowns in operating procedure
- The ‘pros’ of having errors in your practice
- The most important thing to understand in dentistry
- Why patients want to be told what to do versus being asked
- What to do if you don’t feel like a great leader in your practice
- Why YOU are the biggest limitation in your practice
- What happens when you don’t have a vision for your business and career
- The biggest problem that dental businesses owners come across when implementing systems with their team
- We answer the questions of : Should you hire general staff based on personality or technical skills?
- The differences between Wal-Mart and Target that plays a big role in your patient’s experience
- Why “likeability” is a huge factor in your patients choosing you over another practice
- The two things your patients will always remember about their experience at your practice
- Should you, as a practice owner, be interviewing new employees?
- Why an unhappy team equals a financially poor performing practice
- The financial benefit that comes along with knowing how your clients think
- What Dr. Tuan would do differently if he were to start his practice all over
- How Dr. Tuan defines “pressure” in his life (and how he overcomes it)
- How to mold your mindset through successful (and unsuccessful) dental practice owners
Free Episode Bonus:
This is where we describe the bonus, build the value, and end by doing some variation of clicking here
Quotes – Click To Share On Twitter:
Support The Show:
Without you, Ambitious Dentists, this should wouldn’t exist.
If you enjoyed today’s episode, please click here to give me an honest rating and review in iTunes.
This allows me to evolve that show as it goes on, and also helps spread the word to other podcast listeners since iTunes promotes shows with active engagement.